Miss World – international competition for the most beautiful women in the world, is held annually since 1951.
The idea of Miss World has appeared in the UK. Eric Morley originally proposed a bikini contest.
A single event was planed, however, as the new competition was organized for the next year, Morley decided to make this event an annual contest.
Today the final night, when the most beautiful women is being chosen, is broadcast in more than 200 countries around the globe.
Traditionally, the winner of the title of Miss World lives in London for one year.
1. 2009 Kaiane Aldorino, Gibraltar
2. 2008 Ksenia Sukhinova, Russia
3. 2007 Zhang Zilin, China
4. 2006 Ta na Kucha ov , Czech Republic
5. 2005 Unnur Birna Vilhj lmsd ttir, Iceland
6. 2004 Mar a Julia Mantilla, Peru
7. 2003 Davison (Rosanna Diane Davison, Ireland
8. 2002 Azra Akin, Turkey
10. 2000 Priyanka Chopra, India
12. 1998 Linor Abargil, Israel
13. 1997 Diana Hayden, India
14. 1996 Irene Skliva, Greece
17. 1993 Lisa Hanna, Jamaica
18. 1992 Julia Kourotchkina, Russia
19. 1991 Ninibeth Beatriz Jim nez, Venezuela
20. 1990 Gina Marie Tolleson, United States